Saturday, February 27, 2010

Wedding videographer

A girlfriend from my past is getting married. She recently asked me to be the videographer for her wedding. I totally accepted the offer, because it sounded kind of fun. However, I have never done a wedding video before. I would rather mess up on a random wedding, and not on my friend's wedding. I talked it over with her, and I guess she is still cool with it. Her sister is getting married soon, and she asked me to do her video as well. I have the equipment for it, but I haven't done this sort of thing before. What I have done is concerts. A lot of my friends are in metal bands, and I have recorded and edited their lives shows. My favorite project was for a band called Scoria, and their first performance on the 4th floor of the Masonic Temple in Detroit. They played in a bar on that floor called "The Other Room," which closed a few years back.

When she told me about her wedding, I could only think back to our time together. We dated for about four years, and went our separate ways in 2007. I still liked her for some time after that, but that eventually faded away after she moved out of state. I didn't really start hanging out with her again until 2008 when she moved back. We've been friends ever since, but lately I haven't seen her that much due to school during the week and working midnights on weekends. I hope she has a great wedding in October, and hopefully I can make a great video of it.




(a picture from 2005)

No comments:

Post a Comment