Thursday, February 18, 2010

Dukie

In 2004 my uncle was going through a divorce. He was planning to move out of state, and could no longer take care of a puppy his family had gotten. He was a little Beagle named Goofy. I remember coming home from school, and my uncle was over our house. I thought it was strange, because he rarely visited us. It turned out that he brought over Goofy, and he was giving him to us. We already had a Golden Retriever, and Goofy just kept barking at him. Now for those who don't know, a beagle bark is very loud. My mom worried if it was a bad idea to bring Goofy into our family. It turned out to be the best decision ever. She quickly wanted to rename him, because she thought Goofy was a silly name. We eventually settled on the name Dukie.

Dukie is an awesome dog, and I enjoy spending my time with him. We have had him now since 2004, and he is truly is a part of our family. He is always begging for food, and I usually can't resist his begging. He does have bad hind legs, but this doesn't stop him from running around in the backyard. I usually have to pick him up onto our couches because it hurts for him to jump onto them. I always wanted to bring him to Partridge Creek Mall (an outdoor mall in Clinton Towsnhip), but he hates car rides. He gets really nervous, and sometimes even sick.

Well, I just wanted to share with you one of my favorite pets of all time.




(Dukie is on my bed as I play a computer game)

No comments:

Post a Comment