Wednesday, January 27, 2010

Skipping school for video games

One thing I miss about being a child is the "sick days." Right now I have a cold and I would love nothing more than to stay home and sleep all day. However, this is not possible. Right now, as I type this, my brother is sitting in his room. He has decided to skip school to play Mass Effect 2, which is a video game that he bought last night for the Xbox 360. This is not a first for him. I have told him numerous times how "sick days" are not possible when he gets out of high school. So as he sits there playing his game, I wish I could stay home too and rest. I have things that must be done, and classes I must attend. I miss the time where I could stay home from school. The only time I skipped for a video game was when Legend of Zelda: The Windwaker came out in 2003. Later my friends tempted me to skip school for the release of Halo 3 in 2005, but I declined. Looking back I probably should have skipped for that game. It probably would have been the last time I could actually have a "sick day" over a video game.

No comments:

Post a Comment