Tuesday, January 19, 2010

Random thoughts on the Apple Store.



Today I went to the Apple Store in Partridge Creek Mall to get my white Macbook repaired. The Macbook developed a crack in its casing back in October, and I felt that it was finally time to bring it in for the repair. The crack in the casing was located where the upper lid closes and meets the keyboard. This is a common problem with the plastic Macbooks, and it is the third time it has happened to mine. I bought my Macbook in June 2007, and it has gone through several repairs since then. Three of these repairs were with the cracking issue, but one other repair dealt with the logic board. The logic board on my Macbook shorted out after just three short months of owning it. Every problem I have had was quickly repaired at the Apple Store.

The Apple Store is a wonderful place. Today's repair only took 15 minutes. This would be impossible for a PC owner to accomplish at a big box retailer. I was able to play with the new iMacs while the Mac Genius repaired my Macbook. I bought my Macbook with the extended Apple Care warranty, and this has allowed me to receive free repairs ever since. The warranty expires this Mjavascript:void(0)ay, and looking back I believe it was a good thing to buy. I bought a Mac Pro Desktop this past September, and like the Macbook I also bought the extended warranty. I do not foresee my desktop going through the same abuse as a portable machine, but it is always eases my mind knowing a Mac Genius will repair it for free.

No comments:

Post a Comment