Thursday, January 28, 2010

iPass on the iPad



Apple announced a new product dubbed "iPad" on Wednesday. This is the long awaited tablet that has been under wraps at 1 Infinite Loop in Cupertino. The hype was everywhere. Every blogger frantically typed away during the big unveiling event. I must admit that I was interested in buying an Apple tablet. I changed my mind after the unveiling.

The iPad is basically an over-sized iPhone. Wait. No isn't. The iPad can't make calls, and it lacks a camera. Basically, this thing is an over-sized iPod touch. It even looks weird to me. It is not wide screen, which to me is a step backwards. A key issue to me is that it lacks a plug-in called "flash." Flash is what powers websites like hulu. I rely on hulu to watch my shows, and it would have been nice to watch them on a tablet. This is especially so on the iPad, because it houses a battery that will last for 10 hours. This battery is the only positive aspect of the iPad. I don't remember the last time I had nothing to do for 10 hours straight, but this device would handle it. The last issue I have with the iPad is that it does not run OS X. It is running the iPhone OS, and it looks silly. It literally looks like someone gave the iPod Touch Miracle-Gro. I will not be buying an iPad unless it receives a MAJOR overhal in its second generation.

No comments:

Post a Comment