Thursday, January 14, 2010

My stance on Late-Night.


I fully support Conan O'Brien during this horrific time in his life. Jay Leno has had his time in the spotlight, and should be ashamed that NBC is going to be handing "The Tonight Show" back into his hands. Conan O'Brien, according to his own monologue, had always dreamed about being the host of The Tonight Show. His dream is now being crushed after only 7 short months on the air. Jay Leno is weaseling his way back to the glorified 11:35pm slot. TMZ has reported that this is now a done deal, and that Conan O'Brien has been forced to walk away from NBC. To me, this is bittersweet. I am angry that Conan has been put into this position. However, I am also for the fact that Conan may soon be on a rival network. I would love to see nothing more than Conan steal viewers away from the likes of Jay Leno. NBC and Jay Leno seem to have some kind of romantic connection with each other. When Jay retired from the Tonight Show, he was quickly given a prime time show at 10pm. This prime time show has flopped, and Jay Leno will more than likely be returning to his former 11:35 show. I take a stance supporting Conan's future endeavors as the NBC late-night mess chugs onward. I'm with CoCo... are you?

No comments:

Post a Comment