Monday, March 15, 2010

Parris Island

I was watching the military channel the other morning, and I got hooked watching a documentary on Parris Island. The island is in South Carolina and is a training facility for Marine recruits.

Anyways, one of the stories in the documentary was about this girl who was kicked out after her first part of training. She ended up telling the audience that she smoked weed a few days before going off to Pariss island during a celebration party. Turns out it showed up in a drug test, and she was kicked out. I don't want to say who, but I have someone in my family who wants to be a Marine after high school. This made me think of him, because he has recently fallen down a path of doing drugs. However, he is still committed to joining the military. I really wish he would watch this, because it would be a real eye opener how drugs can ruin a career. This poor girl just got through the hardest part of training, and then just like that they came and removed her. She messed up her chance all because she smoked weed at a party celebrating her acceptance into the program.

No comments:

Post a Comment