Wednesday, April 14, 2010

Red Wings Playoffs 2010

The Red Wings begin their playoff run tonight at 10pm. They will be facing the Phoenix Coyotes in this first round. I'm excited for the series to begin, but I'm also nervous. The Wings haven't been so great this past season. They have gotten better since the Olympic break, but they were pretty terrible before it. The major component of this team is that of the rookie goalie, Jimmy Howard. He has played the majority of the games since the break, and he is doing pretty well. He will be the Red Wings' starting goalie for this series, which is his first time playing in a playoff game.

I have been an Wings fan pretty much all my life, but I really got into following them when they won the cup again in 1998. I have followed the regular season ever since. This past season has really been different for me, because I barely watched any of the games. I was just too busy with school and work. Watching games was not a priority of mine when I did get free time. The very few games I did watch resulted in the Red Wings losing in overtime shootouts. I think that not watching the wings games has carried over into the playoffs for me. I mean, I will try to watch them. This is really odd for me, because I normally go all out during the playoffs. My Pacifica usually has red wing flags, I usually wear my jersey, and my mood is usually much more energetic. This isn't the case right now. Usually, I am going crazy for the opening game. Today, not so much. I hope this lack of enthusiasm goes away quickly.
Anyways, I'm just ranting now about how I wish I was able to watch more games.


LET'S GO WINGS!

No comments:

Post a Comment